Saturday, October 18, 2008

Therrien Continues to Juggle Lines

Although they worked at making their power-play more solid, something just still isn't jiving with the Pittsburgh Penguins so head coach Michel Therrien has started switching around lines which he's known for.
Therrien reported that these line changes are a message to the players after their 4-3 loss to the Washington Capitals last Thursday after leading 3-0 through 2 periods.
“(We’re) trying to get the players attention, trying to get line chemistry,” Therrien said. “We did that last year. We played those two together (Crosby and Malkin). We did that in the past. There are a lot of other positive things about that, I believe.”

The line which was once "magic" has lost it's touch to begin this season and with Malkin being moved to the top line, Jordan Staal will be put back in his natural position as a center on the 2nd line.
“It’s a chance for Jordan (Staal) to get back to (his) natural position,” Therrien.

“I’m excited about it,” Staal said. “I feel comfortable in both positions. Whatever is best for the team, I’ll play. Hopefully I can play a solid two-way game and at the same time, put the puck into the back of the net.”
Here are what the new lines look like for tonight:

1st Line


2nd Line


3rd Line


4th Line

1 comment:

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

You do realize I can't comment publicly on portions of this post without losing *all* credibility. (laughs)

That said, I agree. When things arn't working. You do have to switch things up. And I am quite content to leave things like line changes up to the guys coaching. It's when they change things that are obviously working, that I really worry.