Tuesday, October 7, 2008

5 MORE Things You Didn't Know About Sidney Crosby

Or so Pierre LeBrun of ESPN.com says (I've heard some of these before; I'm sure you have too)!
  1. He plays with an almost-straight hockey stick.

    "Yeah, it's gotten pretty straight over the last couple of years," Crosby said. "It's been a combination of wanting to make sure I have a strong backhand and then also keep it as simple as possible because it's wood and it's difficult to make it the same every time. But it's almost getting out of hand, it's so straight. I think it's a [Rocket] Richard pattern or something. It's pretty straight."
  2. He has a bad sense of direction.

    "Worst on the team, for sure," Crosby says with a laugh. "Maybe the worst in the league. I remember my second year in the league, I was still asking for directions to the airport. I'd been on like 20 road trips and still not figured it out."
  3. He's not in any fantasy sports pools.

    "Nope, I'm not in any," Crosby said. "In junior, I used to be in hockey pools and stuff like that, but I'm not involved in any of that stuff. I don't know why; it never caught on for me. I'm not really into it."
  4. Football has become his favorite sport aside from hockey (thanks to the Steelers)

    "That's tough. I've watched a lot of football now. I've probably gotten into football more than anything, with the Steelers. We get a lot of Sundays off and spend a lot of Sundays watching the games."
  5. Certain teammates say he isn't any good at video games

    "No, I'm good," Crosby insisted. "I'm sure my teammates said I wasn't, they're trying to throw me under the bus, for sure. They know I'm competitive and I hate hearing that."

No comments: