Monday, October 27, 2008

That's So MAF (the musings of a Penguins goalie)!

Fleury has been saying some pretty entertaining things lately which is why there've been so many TSCSF "MAF Musings" these days.

The most recent comes in light of the news from Dave Molinari that former Penguins prospect Noah Welch has agreed to donate his brain to the Sports Legacy Institute which is devoted to the study of the effects that concussions and other brain-related injuries have on the brain. Some of the Penguin players were asked if they would ever consider doing this and here's what Fleury had to say:

Marc-Andre Fleury offered a novel rationale for declining. "I would be scared that they'd unplug me right away [and] take my brain out [before I actually died]," he said.
And here's the answer he gave when asked which teammates body part he would donate for scientific study:
"Maybe Ryan Whitney's calves. I have small calves, but he's 6 foot 4 and has smaller calves. Toothpick calves."

1 comment:

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.

Not the least bit paranoid, is he.