Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Could Kennedy / Talbot Be Good for Sid?

John and I were having a discussion last night after KDKA's #1 Cochran Sports Showdown had a segment on the continued search for a winger for Sid. I believe it was Paul Alexander who said that Crosby is such an elite player that it may be time for him to step up and make goals himself and I've always wondered that -- why does he need the perfect winger / sniper at his side -- he's one of the best players in the league today, it shouldn't matter who he plays with (he could do it all himself - not that I'm saying he should!).

Then John brought up a really interesting suggestion: why don't they put Talbot and Kennedy on Sid's line? They both can definitely keep up with him and both can battle against the boards and have no problem standing up to the "bullies" on Sid! John said that they should do it now while they have plenty of time to mesh -- could you imagine that line? I really never thought of it, but I'm all for it, really (I'm a fan of both guys)! At this point, anything is worth a try - it may even work (it's still early in the season)! But we're in no position to call up Therrien and get his take on it.

It looks like Therrien is back with the original line of Satan - Crosby - Dupuis; I really don't know why they think Dupuis fits on this line - he still doesn't impress me.

And I know what your comment will be before you even post it, Kena!! Put Janne Pesonen on the line! I wouldn't be against it at all, but we still have to bring him back up from the Baby Pens!!

WHICH, by the way, I've seen speculated could be sometime at the end of November (a timeline to shoot for?!) -- supposedly they want him to get more top line minutes before they think about him being brought back up!!

1 comment:

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

Since you alreday posted my first comment for me Stephanie. You force me to persue alternate suggestions. (laughs)

OK, here goes...

I agree, I'm not sure why Dupuis? My first choice is Kennedy. This follows my Pesonen theory. Speed/hustle. You got Sid out there. You now need a distraction. Viola, either Pesonen or Kennedy (If they put both of them out there with Sid, my brain would probably just explode) would both provide distraction. (the human eye natuarally is attracted to somthing going fast, duh).

So I totally agree with you all on the Kennedy thing.

Talbot, ehhe,(waggles hand from side to side)not so much. He seems more like a stealthy, sneak up and sting you with a goal - sort. Not what I would add to my top line. However, I do like him, just not with Sid.

Ok, I'll shut up now.