Saturday, October 18, 2008

I'm Starting to Hate Ovechkin as Much as I Hate Hossa!

And that's pretty bad!

The more I watch Alexander Ovechkin play against the Penguins, the more I think to myself, "what an asshole!"

First off, everyone can quit comparing Sidney Crosby with Ovechkin because Crosby doesn't need to resort to head-hunting when playing his rival (or anyone for that matter) on the opposing team! And any respect Penguins fans may have had for you as a great hocky player is quickly turning into a great disrespect by your sudden interest in pounding on one of our best players. Show some class, Ovechkin (wait -- I don't think anyone that keeps a gap where his front tooth used to be can muster up any)!! So maybe I'll let you slide on that one.

What exactly is it about Malkin that gets you so steamed? Or are you projecting your anger onto him; perhaps there's something more going on off the ice, but why bring it with you into the game? I realize that on many levels, he's better than you and he's on a more successful team than the one you're on; and maybe you know it, but be a man a deal with it like a man - don't try ending his NHL career by going out on a bounty everytime you're both on the ice! If he wanted, he could flatten your ass out anyway, so you better watch yourself because after awhile he's going to go "ape-shit" on your ass and you won't be able to skate fast enough to get yourself out of that ass-beatin! Although, I would like to witness that, so continue to push him around so we all can enjoy a classic hockey throwdown!!

According to a recent article by Chris Bradford of timesonline.com (Beaver County Times online), something has apparently gone on between the two comrads, but no one really knows what the problem may be even though Ovechkin denies it and Malkin avoids it.

“I don’t know why he comes after me,” Malkin said.
This isn't the Crosby and Ovechkin show any longer as far as I'm concerned -- this storyline is old hat anyway. The new story should be the Malkin and Ovechkin showdown which is much more interesting. The Capitals have not really been a true rival of the Pittsburgh Penguins, but if Ovechkin continues to play as physical as he's been with them, I would say he's adding fuel to the fire and I'll be more inclined to watch for this reason and not the Crosby / Ovechkin rivalry, which is really non-existent anyway!

The Penguins-Capitals rivalry may have been dormant in recent years, unlike the 1990s when they met seemingly every spring in the playoffs. But it’s certainly on now. It’s tempting to push the Crosby vs. Ovechkin rivalry but the Malkin-Ovechkin thing is clearly what gets Ovechkin’s blood boiling, though he denies singling out Malkin.

“It’s just a hockey game,” said Ovechkin, who beat Pittsburgh for just the second time in a dozen career games. “I try to hit everybody.”

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow enough bias?

Stephanie said...

@ eric --

don't mess with my Pens!!