Friday, October 17, 2008

Is Ovechkin Out for Malkin's Blood?

It sure does seem that way to me! Was it obvious to anyone else? And it's not just this game, this has been going on for quite some time now. Remember this (last season)?


Malkin isn't even phased and Ovechkin looks like an ass hitting the boards hard!

What makes him want to go after Malkin? I've read / heard they were friends at one time (it certainly doesn't appear that way on the ice); teammates on the Russian Olympic team at Turin in 2006. What's up with that, Ovie? Why are you hatin' on our Malkin?

And for that matter, why don't any of the Penguins go after Ovechkin? All he seemed to do was look for Malkin all game long; going out of his way to get a hit on him. Alot of times, Ovechkin's skates left the ice. Where are you when we need you, Godard?

From the Associated Press (posted on the Pens webpage):
"Ovechkin is a great player, but every time he hits me - I don't know why," Malkin said.

"It's just a hockey game. I hit hard with everybody," Ovechkin said, although he rarely gets involved in the defensive end in most games.
You're a bad liar, Ovechkin (or maybe you just want to lose the other front tooth for a larger gap)!!

4 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

I too, do not understand this.

Ovechkin is a good hockey player. But he does seem to do things a little different, when he plays the Pens/Malkin.

As for why no one goes after Ovechkin, I really don't know either. Although I think I'm going to pay closer attention to the situation.

swissmiss said...

I know it! Ovie is out to get my man Malkin and I can't think of why except he's an ass and trying to 'one-up' him or something. Is he trying to end his career or something ? Ovie is an exciting player and seems to be so funny, but he's losing cred in my book 'cuz of this!

Faceoffs and First Downs said...

Love your comment on the tooth, seriously why does that man want to have that gap? He looks like a caveman.
Just wanted to add that at one point in the past Malkin said in reference to Ovie, something along the lines of "Teammates, not friends" when asked about his playing with Ovechkin. Doesn't sound like a cozy relationship. All the attention is put on Crosby-Ovechkin but it seems like Ovechkin feels it's Malkin-Ovechkin.

Anonymous said...

It is ridiculous that no one did anything to protect our long term superstar investment. We could certainly afford to be without goddard or bisonette for a few games. The penguins play the caps often so a message needs to be sent.