Monday, January 31, 2011

Pens Mustache Boy: February 2011

The Penguins held their monthly shoot-out competition at practice today to crown the new "mustache boy" and this month's "winner / loser" is ZBYNEK MICHALEK!!!

FEBRUARY'S "LOSER" - Zbynek Michalek ("BEFOREstache" pictured left; pretty clean-shaven!)

from the Pens webpage:

MICHALEK'S THOUGHTS -
On the shootout at the end of practice, and getting a last chance on Fleury:
He made a pretty good save. Give him credit. It was my last chance, but it didn’t work.
On if he’s looking forward to the mustache:
No, not really. I never had one. This is going to be the first time, so we’ll see how it’s going to look.
On Mike Rupp’s mustache:
I don’t think the guys were too happy with Rupper. I think there was some shaving or something going on. So I have to make sure I follow the rules. I don’t exactly know how it works here, but I’ll have to ask the guys.
On what his wife will think:

My wife knows that it’s part of the deal. I told her that I will probably lose one of these one of the months on the season.
On if he feels even more a part of the team now:
I guess. Everyone has to go through it at least once, and it makes you part of the team. It’s fun to do, and it’s something that they’ve been doing for a while.
RUPP'S THOUGHTS -
On shaving his mustache:
I didn’t know we were doing it today. I had clippers I was going to bring to the bench. But we’ll get it off here as soon as I shower. The worst part, I think, is that I haven’t really shaved in a couple years. I usually just use the clippers and keep the stubble. That was the worst part, just shaving the rest.
On advice for Michalek:
I have a feeling it’s going to take him a while to see something. You just don’t want to lose the second time. I was down to the last five there so I got a little nervous.
On if he would ever keep it:
Absolutely not. If I would have gone on a run, then maybe. Last year, Billy (Guerin) went on a scoring tear when he had his. But that didn’t really happen for me. So we’re not too concerned about keeping it.

No comments: