Thursday, October 9, 2008

Pittsburgh: Goodbye, Douchebag!

[EDIT] I think I have to clarify something on this post for my own sake (so I don't get lumped in with all those fans who will be called ridiculous for booing Hossa)!! I don't think I've ever truly told you my own personal reason for loathing Hossa and I know what you're thinking, but you may or may not be right so please bear with me!

I am all for Hossa wanting to win a Stanley Cup and I think it's "somewhat" admirable that he took less money in his quest (I say "somewhat" only because I just can't stand the thought of saying something nice about him and someone who did what he did can't truly be considered all that admirable to begin with)!! Anyway, there are a few reasons why I disagree with the way he went about signing with the Redwings that I just can't stand - one being that he lied to everyone even Sid! He was never really up front or honest about his intentions even if he really wasn't all that sure what his intentions were, he just led everyone to believe that he whole-heartedly wanted to return to Pittsburgh! So, as far as I'm concerned, he outright LIED!! But I think what bothers me MOST about this whole ordeal is the fact that he took precious time away from the Penguins -- time that we could've been signing alot more of our own players (players that may or may not be making a difference this season) - we waited too long for him to make up his damn mind OR to let us know what he may already decided!! We lost players like Malone, Roberts, Ruutu (the one that cuts me the deepest, as you all very well know) just because he couldn't be a man and be up front with what he wanted!! I believe he KNEW what he wanted and that was to be on the Redwings who he is certain will be winning the Stanley Cup once again this season!

I truly believe that if it wasn't for Hossa playing around (or whatever he was doing) those few days before he decided not to have his agent call Pittsburgh back to let them know he would be signing with Detroit that we may have had alot more options than we did and could've kept more of last year's Penguins team together (which I felt was important at the time).

BUT - that's all "water under the bridge" now and we (I) must move on; I will never forget what he did to us as a team after only playing with us for a few months. I guess Shero and the Penguins organization have some fault in it too, but if it wasn't for Hossa leading them to believe he was definitely coming back, I don't think they would've made the same decisions either! I give them more credit than that!

And now I've said my peace, so you all know and I can continue to bash him as much as I want without feeling any regret (I've fully explained myself and don't give a rat's ass whether or not you agree with me; I just didn't want to be included in with the fans who may not really have a good (or any clear) reason for hating Hossa)!

Sports Illustrated has made Detroit's new douchebag their poster boy for the NHL Preview magazine and has officially laid the "Stanley Cup Jinx" smack down on Marian Hossa and the Detroit Redwings!! Way to go, SI -- but with or without this cover, we all know Detroit will not be winning the SC again this year!!

Smile while you can, Whore-sa, because the infamous picture to the right will be the all-too-familiar sight we'll be seeing come June (the difference is, the Penguins will be the SC Champions and you'll be wearing that red suit, but it won't be Christmas for you)!!


4 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

Ah, posts like this.

Why I read this blog. Everybody knows your opinion Stephanie.

And I wholeheartedly agree. I am VERY big on loyalty. Hossa has none. (profane)

stagerat said...

You know, holding things in is bad for your health. You should stop sugar-coating things and just say what you really feel.... lol

btw I agree with your reasoning on the Hose-a bashing, and even if I didn't, at least you're very clear on your reasons for doing so.

ali said...

Amen. That's all I have to say... A-M-E-N!!!

I got my SI today, which thankfully had Manny on the over instead of Hos. (normally I would be offended that SI wouldn't send out the hockey cover to their entire viewing area, but this time it's okay...)

None of my friends quite understood my anger about him -- but you pretty much summed it up -- I'll be sure to point them in this direction to read your post... :)

Anonymous said...

Watched the Wangs and Hossa on Versus tonight.


The Leaved Ones played a solid game and beat those Wings on Joe ice.

It was a thing of beauty.