Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pens WON (What an AWESOME Game)!!

Yesterday's game was SO EXCITING -- I listened to the game on my way to Pittsburgh and was only able to catch a few glimpses here and there, but from the little I did see of it, the Pens played pretty well! I was anxious to see what Tyler Kennedy would do on the 2nd line and he did not disappoint -- a goal 40 seconds into the game then another to win the game O/T -- if he started the season this way I can only imagine what kind of season he'll have. This is going to be a really good season if the first game is any indication!!

My trip to Pittsburgh was to see the musical, "Wicked" with my mom and aunts. It was a pretty decent show - today is the last day of it's run in Pittsburgh. We had the tickets back in March or else there would've been NO WAY I would've gone knowing that the Pens season opener was scheduled the same day.

I was able to fit in a quick trip to the Mellon Arena to take a tour and 15 minutes of the game on the Jumbotron (where I got to see Malkin's unassisted breakaway goal - SWEET). If you haven't taken a tour, I really recommend it especially since it will no longer be home of the Penguins come the 2010-2011 season! I got to see the lockers AND the Penguin on the carpet that ANYONE is fined $100 if the players see you walk on it. I have pictures so I'll be posting them later today or tomorrow so be sure to check back -- GOOD STUFF!!

We taped the game yesterday so my husband and I can watch the whole thing together, so I'll be sure to post more of my thoughts later!

ENJOY today's game (I'll be taping that and watching it later on this week since the Steelers are on tonight)!!

GO PENS!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I saw Wicked in Pittsburgh a few weeks ago and it was awesome! I also went to the Pens first preseason game that night, so my day, like yours, had some hockey in it too!

Can't wait to see the pictures from the tour!