Friday, October 10, 2008

And So the "Jinx" Begins!!

Did any of you catch the Detroit Redwings game last night against the Toronto Maple Leafs? I only caught the first few minutes of the banner ceremony and a few minutes of the game - just wanted to see what they're looking like - nothing impressive. I commented to John that Hossa better get a good look at the Cup because that's the closest he'll come to seeing / winning it this year!!

Anyway, m-kim58 was nice enough to let us know that the "Wangs" lost -- as a Pens fan, we couldn't have asked for anything more than their losing the home-opener on ceremony night at the Joe (Toronto - 3, Detroit - 2)!! I wonder if Hossa still feels like the Redwings are the team he's most likely to win a Stanley Cup with this season.

And m-kim58 summed it up best:

"It was a thing of beauty."

1 comment:

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

I listeded to the entire game, until the last 56 seconds, and I had to go. I was freaking out, because the "Wangs" were ending the game on a power play. The first thing I did this morning, was check the score, and DO A HAPPY DANCE!!!!