Wednesday, October 8, 2008

10-Minute LIVE Chat with Sid

Yep - that was it! He's a BUSY MAN!!

I tried to submit a question, but I think it was too late -- here's the transcript:

Buzzmaster: (2:15 PM ET ) Sidney Crosby should be here in less than a minute!

Art (Boston, Mass): What do you think of the rivalry the media has created between you and Alex Ovechkin? Are you guys on good terms?
Sidney Crosby: (2:18 PM ET ) We don't hate each other. But we're not best friends. It's a pretty big rivalry to watch, because our games have gotten a lot of attention. It's pretty close. The two teams have a good rivalry.
Der Maennerchor Ice Hockey (Harrisburg, PA): How do you deal with the pressure of being seen as THE face of the National Hockey League?
Sidney Crosby: (2:18 PM ET ) I would say that I put a lot of pressure on myself to perform. I feel somewhat that I have a lot of responsibility there, but there are a lot of great players in the league. That's how I deal with it.
Adam (Pittsburgh): Being 21 now do you still like the nickname "Sid the Kid"?
Sidney Crosby: (2:19 PM ET ) I don't know. I don't really pay attention to the nicknames a whole lot. I'm surprised it's stuck this long. I don't make them, so I don't know.
Raj, DC via Yinz: Sid ~ How do you deal with opposing fans that call you a diver/whiner and boo you just for the sake of booing? Is it possible to tune them out?
Sidney Crosby: (2:20 PM ET ) No, I don't really pay attention to it. The boos you deal with. When you play in the rink you just pay attention to what's on the ice. For diving, I never really worry about that, because I know that's not what I do. It's been brought up, but you know it's not true. You really can't afford to worry about those things.
Carroll (Ottawa, Ontario Canada): Do you miss Tim Horton's coffee and donuts will living in Pittsburgh?
Sidney Crosby: (2:21 PM ET ) I do miss Tim Horton's! There's not many here. I definitely do miss it.
Cass (Norman, OK): What do you think is the biggest challenge you as captain will face this season?
Sidney Crosby: (2:22 PM ET ) I think making sure the team doesn't listen to past history or facts, because history isn't on our side right now. There haven't been a lot of successful teams that have had Cup runs. We just have to prove ourselves. What we've done in the past doesn't matter.
Julie Montreal, QC: having played two games in Europe, do you see potential in Europe expansion?
Sidney Crosby: (2:22 PM ET ) It's tough. They're talking about it. So it's something that's a possibilty. It would have to be managed well with the travel. there is a lot of support there and a lot of interest.
Gary (Phoenix): Sid- love the DVD. How was it to have cameras following you around to get footage?
Sidney Crosby: (2:23 PM ET ) It was fine. They have a way of just blending in. Once they're around a bit, myself and the guys get comfortable. After a couple of days of that, you get to know it better. It just seemed like another guy in the room. The guys were great about it and didn't let it bother them.
Jake MT. Carmel, Illinois: everyone knows how great of a player and teammate you are but,what can you do to make yourself a better hockey player and or teammate?
Sidney Crosby: (2:24 PM ET ) I think personally, I'm always trying to get better with everything. That's part of being a good teammate. Leading by example. Our team has a great group of people too. It's easy when you have a group of guys that care for each other.
Jordan (Pittsburgh, PA): are you and jordan staal close off the ice?
Sidney Crosby: (2:25 PM ET ) yeah, we are. We are pretty close in age. Both are kind of young guys trying to find our way in the league.
Sidney Crosby: (2:25 PM ET ) Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it. Hopefully we're in for a good year.

5 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

OK, I'm not sure what this tells you all about me. But I don't remember any thing he said before they mentioned that he was "close" with Jordan Staal.

I feel like a 13 year old, with a crush on Jordan. (sigh)

Lauren said...

I'll admit I was a little disappointed that the whole chat only lasted 10 minutes - I could have spent days asking questions and still not known everything I'd want to know lol

Stephanie said...

@life_as_a_redhead - YOU'RE NOT ALONE (I feel the same way about Sid - MAJOR crush)

@lauren - ME TOO! I actually had to keep refreshing the page because I didn't think it could possibly last ONLY 10 MINUTES!! Did you try to submit a question? I tried but I can only imagine there were thousands!! What did / would you ask him?

Lauren said...

I didn't try to submit a question, but I'll bet you're right - they probably did get thousands!

I'd want to know about weird things, like his favorite cereal or his favorite cartoon growing up. And what his favorite Christmas traditions are and if he's ever been to Disney World. Pretty much everything. lol.

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

I would have asked the cartoon question, too!!