Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mini-Plan MADNESS!!

What a day (and it's only early afternoon)!!

I had about 10 years taken off of my life this morning worrying about purchasing a stupid 6-pack mini-plan packet!! I'm not sure how many of you can relate (because from what I gather on the LGP message board alot of people had a problem), but I had a rather unpleasant experience at 10 AM this morning!!

I'll start off by saying that I was lucky enough to finally get the plan I wanted (Packet #1 -- I want to be at the Mellon Arena for Ruutu's return)!!

Anyway, about 9:55 AM I logged into my account and got all set up; everything is fine - going along ... choosing the number of seats, the section I want -- go on to the next screen -- OH, how nice -- there's choices as to where in the section I want to sit as far as row, seat number -- I think ... I'll take ... THIS ONE -- yeah, those are good seats! Everything is going smoothly; I'm happy with my seats -- almost done --

Now I'm at the point where is tells you that they'll be holding your tickets for "x" amount of minutes - fine. I went to click the button to move to the payment screen AND NOTHING!! The screen froze on me, "NO F'ING WAY! Are you kidding me?" I thought to myself. I tried everything until I had to hit the "back / refresh" button which I know you're not supposed to do but there wasn't anything else TO DO!! Of course, it spit up some message about losing my place because I can't do what I just did and it directed me to got back to "square one." Tried again -- sorry, due to the vast number of people online to order at this time, I'll have to try again, "CRAP!"

At this point I'm mad, but I'm still thinking it's OK! Then I try again; same message. And again, this time, the screen is blank and is taking an AWFULLY LONG time to load. "What the HELL?!!" I am now panicking and thoughts of not being able to go to a Pens game this season enter my mind beginning to make me hysterical (to myself - in my own head -- I'm at work -- I can't freak - I'll look normal!)!! Anyway, I can't do anything on this screen so I go to the LGP message boards where I find that everyone else is having the same issues, so I decide to vent a little to "pass the time" (that sounds too calm, but I don't have any other description for it right now).

THEN I come up with the great idea of sending an e-mail to the Pittsburgh Penguins ticket sales hoping they'll listen to my plea! I sent 2 since I was so upset that I forgot some stuff in the first e-mail and wanted to cover it in a second! Luckily my husband was home because a very nice representative contacted me shortly after sending my e-mails.

It turns out that it didn't have anything to do with the mini-plan sale today and it was just a coincidence. The main problem was with Ticketmaster.com and all the teams sites were down. The Pens organization were planning on calling people until it was back up which is how I got my tickets and I am happy once again!!

THE END

No comments: