Monday, September 15, 2008

Ruutu Made His Way to Ottawa

Even though Jarkko Ruutu is no longer a Penguin, he will remain a favorite of mine for as long as he plays and I will continue to follow his career and do posts on him whenever I find something interesting.

The Ottawa Sun has an article about Ruutu arriving in Ottawa and meeting his new teammates last Thursday.

Ruutu said that he's excited and it's fun to be back in Canada "where the game matters the most." He does not seem to be one who looks back and appears to have moved on to his new spot with the Senators even though he didn't make many friends playing against them during his two years with Pittsburgh.

"I don't take it personal. Whatever happens on the ice, you try to get an advantage for your team and there's a lot of emotions involved. When you start being personal about it, it doesn't work out. I don't really remember what I say on the ice or do. I'll just try to look ahead," he said.
Even though Ruutu has moved on and Pittsburgh is now part of his past, I will fondly remember him and his contributions to the Penguins (especially his agitating ways which always kept me amused)!

If you're interested in reading the entire article, visit the Ottawa Sun webpage.

No comments: