Wednesday, September 24, 2008

No More Drama!!

So I guess some of the people over at LGP.com message board are professional bloggers since they know mine sucks and are certain all I'm doing is copying. Who are they - the Blog Police? I beg to differ (if they even took the time to read it anyway). Sometimes I paraphrase; sometimes I quote (in which case I use the "quote button," people which indents the paragraph so readers know you're quoting). I post my thoughts and raise questions and how can a blog exist without news? It would be pretty boring. Where am I to get the information to discuss? I'm not a professional writer, so why all the high expectations? For those of you who still insist on giving me a hard time about my little blog, here's a little "schooling" for all of you:
What's a blog?
A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private yhoughts. Memos to the world. Your blog is whatever you want it to be. There are millions of them, in all shapes and sizes, and there are no real rules.In simple terms, a blog is a web site, where you write stuff on an ongoing basis. New stuff shows up at the top, so your visitors can read what's new. Then they comment on it or link to it or email you. Or not.
End of story.

GET A GRIP, PEOPLE (get over yourselves; if you don't like, no one is making you come here)!!

6 comments:

gregor said...

"get over yourselves; if you don't like, no one is making you come here"

stop being a drama queen and acting like the victim.

you were misleading people into coming here by representing that you had breaking news on Gonchar. therefor you were in effect, making people come here to increase your traffic.

post something original.

gregor said...

Sarge out indefinitely

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=383250

I hope your post on the subject includes some independent analysis

Stephanie said...

Hey, gregor -

I see you sticking around here, so there must be something you like -- unless you have no life and like to pick on people as a hobby!!

Anyway, it was news -- that was the first time I heard anything other than Gonch was getting an MRI -- it explained why he hasn't - YOU get over yourself or just leave my blog; no one is making you STAY here!

gregor said...

I had the day off.

I'm a middle child and can't help but twist the knife when I see someone getting flustered about nothing.

I've read your other stuff. some of it has some good insight.

but to go over to lgp.com and post that you have news when you actually have nothing deserves to be called out.

gregor said...

nice, you added the moderator feature.

you're learning.

but I'm not the one blowing my top when someone challenges my work.

if you have the substance, show it. don't whine that other people are picking on you. I've watched you all day both here and on LGP simply have a fit any time someone challenges you.

you've chased them all away from your site since they won't take the time to read any of the posts you have made that DO have the substance.

the "post something original" was over the top, and I apologize.

but you are in no way the victim. and having a victim mentality will get you no where but the welfare line

Stephanie said...

It takes a big person to apologize - thank you; honestly, I'm having a bad day all around and it probably wasn't a good day to post anything! Since you gave me a little insight into you, I let you know I'm an only child so that may explain a few things for you (I was left to amuse myself)! Anyway, I honestly don't need more traffic - it's always nice to have more, but I think I had a nice following, so it's not like I'm desparate, but anyway -- I have a game to listen to. Just wanted to let you know I appreciated your being big enough to apologize (and am happy you stayed to read a few more of my posts to understand I'm not just another girl fan, but a REAL fan who does have some insight)!!