Monday, September 29, 2008

Crosby Makes DiDomenico's Camp Memorable

Chris DiDomenico was drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the 6th round and attended Toronto's NHL training camp. He has been sent back down to the QMJHL Sea Dogs, but got to play in a pre-season game against the Penguins before returning.

How is this related to the Penguins besides the fact that he had an opportunity to play in an NHL game against the Pens? The fact that he almost got into it with Sidney Crosby (which we all know is something that is quite rare since Crosby is not a fighter)!!

When I came across the article in globeandmail.com, I found it amusing and decided to do a post on it. Here's my favorite part (quote from DiDomenico):

He was on the ice for the Penguins tying goal late in the game that Pittsburgh won 5-4, but he exhibited some offensive flair and experienced a late-game run in with Sidney Crosby. The two bumped into each other in the Penguins zone, causing Crosby to cross-check DiDomenico, who returned a slash directed at the Penguins captain.

“He asked me if I wanted to go when we got into the penalty box,” DiDomenico said, laughing. “I guess that will be something to remember.”

The thought of Sidney in the penalty box asking (a rookie, no less!) if he "wanted to go" is just priceless!! I don't know why, but I find it amusing (and thought I'd share it with you)!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I saw this article too and thought it was great! It was good to see Sid being a little feisty, when he is usually known for being so prim-and-proper (at least in interviews)