Friday, September 5, 2008

Crosby Among Players in NHL's 2008-2009 "Is This the Year?" Campaign Again

Those infamous "is this the year?" NHL commercials will be aired once again during the upcoming season. Don't you MISS those? I sure do!! In fact, it's one of the things that could be added to my "What I Miss / Love about Hockey" list. Sidney's are my FAVORITE, of course, but another one of my favorites is Eric Staal asking "Is this the year we find out who's dad's favorite really is?" [I'm not sure of the exact wording, but you get the picture!] That's the best! But I'm straying from my focus of the post (bear with me -- if I go another second without hockey, I think I'm going to go insane)!! Anyway --

For the second year, Sidney Crosby will be one of the 4 featured players in this year's ads which include Henrik Lundqvist; NHL Rookie of the Year Patrick Kane; and Dion Phaneuf.

MediaPost's MarketingDaily gives a description of this year's take on "is this the year?" campaign:
In the spots, which look like still-photos coming to life, the players turn to face the camera and make dramatic statements about the previous year and how they are determined to do even more in the new season.
And here's how they describe Crosby's ad:
The ad featuring Crosby shows him posing with members of the Penguins team after the final game of the Stanley Cup Final, which the Penguins didn't win. "This is a tough one," he says, "getting this close and not winning the cup. But I know it'll make our team even stronger. I never want to be in this photograph again."
It gives me chills just reading it, so I can't imagine what it's going to be like to watch it and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

No comments: