Sunday, July 20, 2008


The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported yesterday that FSN and Paul Steigerwald have agreed to a multi-year contract much to the dismay of alot of Pens fans.

According to PPG, FSN is very satisfied with the "flourishing" ratings, so it was inevitable for them to sign Steigerwald; however, even Steigerwald realizes (and admits):

"The ratings are due to Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin and a great team. I have no delusions about being a big star and a folk hero. I'm part of a team. It takes a team effort to put on a good broadcast. My concern is improvement in the team, not in being the star."

Something that the majority of Pens fans already know ALL TOO WELL!!

But here's a really important part of the article (something I was concerned about from the moment I started reading the article), Steigerwald will again be teamed up with Bob Errey who is in the middle of talks with FSN also for a multi-year deal! HOORAY -- I LOVE Bob Errey (he totally makes up for Steigerwald times 10)!!

To read the PPG article, click HERE!!

No comments: