Wednesday, July 2, 2008

RUUTU +1 (or -1; however you want to look at it)

No - Ruutu hasn't signed, but the extra year still seems to be a sticking point with making this deal happen between the 2 sides.

Even though it has been widely reported that Ruutu's demand is for 3-years, I have yet to see anything mentioning the Penguins considering it --

I've heard them having "internal discussions" about considering what Orpik is asking; I've read that they've increased their offer to Hossa from the original 5 years / $36 million to 7 years / $50 million (which is a considerable jump), but no mention of giving Ruutu another year.

Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous?

I understand that I may be getting a little more upset than necessary (maybe even normal) since I'm a BIG fan of Ruutu's, but why would this stand in the way of the Pens keeping him when they were so willing to offer even more to other players (heck - they signed DuPuis to 3-years)!

This will never sit well with me especially if Ruutu is not signed!! However, I refuse to become one of those disgruntled fans (so you don't have to be afraid)!!

[UPDATE] FROM TIOPS: 1:41 p.m. According to sources I've talked to, Don Baizley the agent for Jarkko Ruutu has not returned any calls since Tuesday afternoon.

2 comments:

Tyhawk10 said...

I like your blogs. You thoughts are fun to read and you have a pretty decent understanding of Pens hockey. Keep it up!

Stephanie said...

tyler -

YOU are officially my first commentor (no - scratch that ... my MOM was the first one to leave a comment)! But still - you MADE my day especially since it was so complimentary! I needed a lift after learning Ruutu is not signing with Pittsburgh, so THANK YOU!!