Wednesday, July 16, 2008

LARAQUE Gives Up 27

[information from the official Montreal Canadiens webpage]

It was inevitable that Georges Laraque would be donning a different number on the back of his Canadiens jersey when he signed with Montreal. Why? There is already a player on the team which claims the number 27 - Alexei Kovalev and who can argue with that?! This will be the first time in his hockey career that Laraque will be identified on the ice by a number other than 27 dating back to his junior league days in Granby - that's a LONG time!

But, according to my husband, John, when I was concerned whether or not Adam Hall had a choice about the number 18 when I found out that Marian Hossa laid claim to it after signing with the Penguins (see - they treated him "special" from the day he signed which I think is totally wrong especially with the way he ended his relationship with Pittsburgh), the guys just don't care about those kinds of things. I guess he's right!

No comments: