Thursday, November 6, 2008

Game Day News

RUSLAN FEDOTENKO
Fedotenko took the ice and practiced for the first time yesterday since last Saturday; however, he is still listed as day-to-day and his status is unknown as to whether or not he will be in tonight's lineup against Edmonton.

PASCAL DUPUIS
Dupuis, who has been skating with the 2nd line with Malkin and Sykora for the past few practices, is ready and eligible to play tonight coming off injured reserve. Dupuis himself has said that there is "no doubt" he will play tonight against the Edmonton Oilers. Hopefully this means that Talbot will remain on the top line with Crosby!

MARK EATON
Eaton was a healthy scratch against the St. Louis Blues last Saturday and does not wish to release information about the discussion he had with the coaches about his removal from last Saturday's lineup.
"I don't think I'm where I was last year before I got hurt," Eaton said. "I'm not using my injury as an excuse. Obviously, I've been out for a while, and it's taken a little longer than I'd hoped to get back into the swing of things, but I feel like I'm making progress."
LIVE ACTION!!
My husband, John, and I will be attending tonight's game, so I probably won't get a chance to update my blog much since we'll be leaving after work and won't be getting home until late tonight!

THIRD / ALTERNATE JERSEYS
Over the last two day, the Penguins have practiced in their new third-uniform gear. Gear included dark blue helmets, gloves and pants - with a light-blue trim. The Penguins unveiled the third jersey yesterday at an event held at Dick's Sporting Good store in the Mall at Robinson. To see more pictures, scroll down to a few of yesterday's posts.

Here's what some of the players had to say:
  • KENNEDY - “It’s always nice to have a different color, change it up a bit,” Kennedy said. “I like it. It reminds you of the old times, the old Pittsburgh Penguins. It brings a lot of memories back for the fans. It’s great for hockey.”
  • GODARD - “You always look back at teams and how their jerseys change,” Godard said. “It’s always kind of cool to see where they came from.” “I really like to jersey,” Godard said. “It looks pretty sharp.”
  • LETANG - “I like the dark blue and the (light) blue,” Letang said. “It’s a little bit different than your usual jersey.”

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Have fun at the game! Hope it's a good one!