Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Malkin's New Pre-Game Superstition

SportingNews.com is reporting that Evgeni Malkin has a new pre-game superstition and that the media will have to hold off talking to him until after the game (instead of following the morning skate). He now believes it is bad luck.

"Please, after game," he pleaded when asked to chat Thursday morning. "Bad luck."
Maybe other players will start catching on and make it a new superstition of theirs as well; maybe even go further and tell all the media that it's bad luck to talk to them at all. No - that's a bad idea because then we fans wouldn't have any interviews to watch and be entertained by (that would be worse than the "undisclosed injury" drama!)!!

3 comments:

gilld22 said...

Geno is so cute, if it works not talking to the press before a game then he should go for it and the press should respect his wishes.

I could not handle no interviews ever though...!

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

I can totally understand his point of view. The media can be really distracting somtimes. (and anything that raises your stress level prior to the time you have to "perform" can be far more detremental than you might think).

I'm glad he did it. Even thought I enjoyed watching them.

Lauren said...

I'm surprised Sid hasn't thought of this yet...that poor guy gets interviewed to death (not that I don't LOVE seeing him all the time, but I'm sure he gets sick of it).


And Geno is adorable. His FSN commercial never fails to put a smile on my face :)