Saturday, November 8, 2008

No Hat-Trick for Satan or Sykora

After Thursday game against the Edmonton Oilers in which Petr Sykora fell one goal short of a hat-trick, I was surprised to learn that he's never recorded a hat-trick throughout his entire NHL career.

Sykora has the most two-goal games without scoring a third in a game (with a total of 37 two-goal games).

However, when asked about his situation, Sykora enlightened the media by putting it all into perspective.

“I don’t care anymore,” Sykora said of not landing the elusive hat trick. “I’ve got a beautiful son, that’s all that matters.”
But Sykora was in good company because Miroslav Satan was also one goal shy of a hat-trick

“Both of us had some chances and it just wasn’t meant to be,” Satan said.

2 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

Squeeeeeeeellllll.

What an AWSOME thing to say. Sykora just wiggeled a little deeper, into his spot in my heart.

I was SO hoping one or the other would get that Hat Trick.

71crush said...

I saw that interview and Sykky is so sweet. He said something like "I'm over it", which made me feel bad, like once he had cared but now he doesnt. awww. Maybe tonight!!