Monday, November 10, 2008

Trib-Review's FAN VOICE: Jordan Staal


For all of those who question Jordan Staal's talent and would like to have Penguins GM trade him, think about the points that this fan makes (from Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's "Fan Voice"):

The Pens should hold on to (center Jordan Staal). Yes, he's had a slow start this year, but the kid is so young and has the talent. There are so many examples of good, even great players, getting off to slow starts. ... I do think there is a bit of pressure on him to replace (departed left wing Ryan Malone) and who knows how that's affecting his play. He'll find the back of the net more and more all in good time.

- Susan Snyder, Pittsburgh, PA

6 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

I know you all will NEVER believe me, but I actually forgot to read this until I was checking back for comments.

(stop laughing Stephanie)

Rage said...

I think that most of Staal's problem is Ryan Whitney. If I recall correctly, HE was the "whipping boy" for the SHOOT crowd.(I've heard them referred to disparagingly as Yinzers)
If Whitney were healthy, I think a lot of the trade Staal assholes would be distracted by their never-ending hatred for Whitney. All of those people should be banished to baseball for life.

Stephanie said...

rage - I agree with you completely now that you brought it up; I've never really thought about it that way before, but you're right!

It really wouldn't make sense or be a wise move on the Penguins part to trade Staal (unless it was for another young player)!

THANKS for your comments!!

Lauren said...

I will be very sad if they let Staalsy go :(

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

NO WAY "should" they trade Staal. In the (possibly near) future he is going to be a VERY valuable resource.

However, I'm pretty sure he most probably "will" be traded...

I just have a feeling.

Rage said...

@life-I hope your feeling is wrong this time. I'm a keep Staal kinda guy, but I can definitely see where you're coming from.