Friday, July 17, 2009

Up Next: Rob Scuderi Takes the Cup Home to Long Island


Again, BIG THANKS go out to psamp blog for giving me the "heads up" on this one (the pics are courtesy of the blog as well!!)!!!!

Today is Rob Scuderi's day with the Cup and, as psamp pointed out to me, it will be the last thing he does as a Penguin (and we'll all miss him!).

Scuderi took the Cup to a few places around the Long Island area.
"This is where I'm from, where I started playing hockey. I wanted to bring it back here," said the defenseman who has since signed as an unrestricted free agent with the Kings.
Stops included the Newbridge Park in Bellmore (the Newbridge Arena is where the pictures were taken), the Nassau Police post where Scud's dad, Bob, worked on the force for 31 years, and Bethpage High School where his mom, Leslie, who currently teaches chemistry there.
ANOTHER NEW DATE:
July 25th - Matt Cooke (Belleville)

2 comments:

Cat said...

I can't believe he is leaving. I never thought they would let him go, but I guess the money was too good to pass up. Still, it's a great loss. :(
Thanks for the post and the pictures! (thanks to psamp too!)
btw - if you happen to hear when Hal Gill will get the Cup I would love to know about it. I'm not so secretly hoping he brings it to his hometown in MA. I'm willing to take a day off to see him/the Cup!

Megan said...

is it ok if i call him scumderi?

sorry but im SO MAD AT HIM!

he's going to be like bugsy.
going for the money, then begging ray-ray to let him come back.
LA is a suckish team!