Monday, July 27, 2009

Next Up: Heinbuck Brings Cup to Mitchell

Jay Heinbuck is the director of amateur scouting for the Pittsburgh Penguins and spent his day with the Cup on Friday, July 24th in his hometown of Mitchell, Ontario Canada.

"It's the march of the Penguins," Jay Heinbuck said while balancing the
Stanley Cup on his shoulder.


"I woke up at 3:30 in the morning, I was just rolling around so excited about this day. I was fortunate enough this year to win the Stanley Cup and that was such an awesome feeling, and I thought here is my opportunity to bring it (here)."
Before finally taking the Stanley Cup to his cousin's home, he wanted to share it with his hometown and stopped into a few downtown stores. There was also a parade and it was displayed for an hour at the Mitchell Arena to provide everyone the opportunity to get their picture taken with the coveted trophy as well.

No comments: