Friday, July 17, 2009

Another Case of Penguins Stolen [Mistaken] Identity!

I'm sure by now you're all aware of the news that someone was impersonating Sidney Crosby on MySpace trying to raise money for a park in Minnesota (and then it moving onto Malkin) -- if not, CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT IT.

Well, it seems that the photo that was posted here this past week of the Cup being carted around in a grocery store supposedly by Bill Guerin was not, in fact, Guerin (pictured to the left). According to another fan who wrote back in to WPXI.com, it was Penguins trainer Senior Director of Team Operations and Communications Frank Buonomo.

I guess this means that Buonomo "OOZES awesomeness" too!!! [and these sources "ooze" misinformation as well -- I've had to correct this post like 3 times now!!]

Sorry about the misinformation - just going on various sources. I just wanted to pass that along and clear that up (I was honestly wondering why it was with Guerin when he didn't have his day with the Cup yet and I didn't think it was supposed to be this past weekend).

2 comments:

Lauren said...

This doesn't really change anything, but Frank Buonomo is actually the Director of Team Services (PR stuff), not a trainer. :) That's why he's always following Sid around at interviews

Stephanie said...

THANKS, Lauren (you're always so on top of things) - I appreciate it!!
; )