Saturday, January 9, 2010

Well That Was Disappointing!!

[I know this is late, but I wrote it and just didn't get to post it right away (I was hoping to post something else on here, but haven't had the time to work on it ...]

I never expected to lose to the Cryers - we NEVER lose to them!!

Why? Well I just know our boys usually beat the crap out of them because they each play a different brand of hockey and the Penguins usually prevail over the goonish play the Flyers subscribe to. Like Mark Madden said ... "you're [Philly] the Penguins 'bitch' and they're going to bend you over and spank you!" [I LOVE Mark Madden ... I know alot of fans don't, but I think he's funny as hell and if you can make me laugh, you're pretty much 'tops' in my book (John says it's a 'shtick' anyway and he's not really like that)!!!]

The Pens played half-decent AND the powerplay still stucks - which can be expected since Gonchar wasn't in the lineup (at least TK, Rupp, Letang, and a few others looked like they showed up to play hockey), but I think the difference Thursday night was the fact that Philly decided to play the Pens type of hockey and they obviously beat them at it. Which meant NO FIGHTS (UGH!)!! The Flyers scratching Cote was a huge disappointment and they couldn't even get Carcillo to dumb-up and swing a few and that's not as fun to watch when it comes to Philly. Letang was ALL OVER Hartnell ... he was finishing checks on him left and right in the beginning which was pretty entertaining to watch!

But I'm still planning on informing the two other people from work who also went to the game that they won't be going to anymore games just in case!! ; P We can't have people jinxing them!!

And I'm STILL hope to post John's and my idea for the PERFECT sign for the Philly game regardless that we lost (because I think it's hilarious!)!!! STAY TUNED for that sometime later on (maybe tomorrow).

TOO BAD THE ENTIRE GAME DIDN'T GO LIKE THIS!!!

No comments: