Tuesday, January 19, 2010

[UPDATE] Pre-Game Notes (Pittsburgh VS New York) - Johnson in Goal

BROOKS ORPIK
nothing set in stone yet with Orpik; he said he's ready to get back on the ice, but Bylsma has yet to confirm it; if he isn't, I'd assume Skoula would be back on the D-line since Ben Lovejoy was sent back down to WB / S.

"I think so," he [Orpik] said. "I felt good. I was cleared by the trainers. I came off IR so as long as the coaches tell me I'm in. They haven't put the line up on the board yet. I'll come here tonight. If I'm in the lineup I'll play, if not I'll wait another game."

[UPDATE] STARTING GOALIE
According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Bylsma has said that Johnson will be starting in net tonight and Curry will serve as the back up (DAMN IT, I wanted Curry to prove himself!)
"Brent Johnson looks like he's going to be in net tonight," Bylsma said. "I still have to get the (medical) report, but it looks like he will. John Curry would be the Backup."
word is that John Curry will get another chance to redeem himself tonight against the NY Islanders, but that has yet to be confirmed (Fleury practiced a little prior to the rest of the team this morning, but isn't yet ready to return as starting goaltender and even though Johnson has been practicing, apparently he isn't ready to return from his "lower-body" injury either but would be acting as the back-up to Curry)

LINE COMBINATIONS (projected from morning skate)
Dupuis-Crosby-Guerin
Talbot-Malkin-Fedotenko
Cooke-Staal-Kennedy
Rupp-Adams-Godard

Gonchar-Eaton
McKee-Skoula
Goligoski-Letang

Curry Johnson in goal

NEW YORK INJURY / LINE INFO
Radek Martinek (D), torn ACL - out for the season
Brendan Witt (D), calf injury - out until late January
Tim Jackman (F), broken orbital bone - out until the end of January

No comments: