Sunday, January 3, 2010

There's No Place Like Home

Have I mentioned I hate afternoon games? It was a few hours later than yesterday, but it's still 'afternoon' as far as I'm concerned.

And losing SUCKS!! What the hell is going on here?!!!

So ... I've changed my tune since yesterday, the Pens have to start getting their shit together and hopefully returning home will do the trick (the return of Gonchar wouldn't hurt either).

I really don't understand what the problem is. These are mediocre teams we've been losing to ... and not just losing, but losing after having the lead. And where the hell has Malkin been?

A four-minute powerplay to finish out the remaining minutes of the game ... meh, the powerplay sucks and is minus Gonchar so I didn't think that would be helping our cause anyway (almost like when I see Dupuis with the puck and a clear shot ... meh, he couldn't hit the open net if his life depended on it).

And the icing on the cake for this game was the empty-net goal for the Panthers to put the final nail in the Pens coffin and make the final score 6-2 AND a five-game losing streak (OUCH!)!!

You're better than that boys!!! Try to enjoy your trip home to the Igloo - we'll be waiting for you!!

LET'S GO PENS!!!

1 comment:

CrackerLilo said...

I have this vision of the guys all slinking into Pittsburgh. They kinda should. Normally I love it when Florida teams win, being that I'm a proud Florida Cracker, but this is a glaring exception! Between this and the Steelers, my sympathies are with everyone in Pittsburgh tonight.

I hate afternoon games, too. I think the players feel the same way. I wish I knew what was going on with Malkin. Alex Kovalev from the Senators sure showed why he's on Team Russia with those four goals today--why didn't Malkin seem interested in showing off a little, too? (Or just showing up?)

I posted a recipe for something to eat for luck just now. Because, you know, the problem here is that my pre-game mojo is off. ;-)