Thursday, August 28, 2008

USA Today Ranks Pittsburgh Penguins #3 (he didn't jinx us this year!)

USA Today writer, Kevin Allen, recently posted his pre-season power rankings (remember last year he ranked Pittsburgh #1 and no one understood how he came to that conclusion?).

This year he ranks Pittsburgh 3rd behind the Detroit Redwings and Montreal Canadiens. SUCK IT, Detroit -- you get the "Kevin Allen jinx" this year (too bad for you, Hossa)!!

Here's what he had to say about the Penguins:

3. Pittsburgh Penguins: I’m not sure I believe Miroslav Satan and Ruslan Fedotenko can make up for the loss of Hossa and Ryan Malone. But I do believe that Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin can be among the scoring leaders even if they had a trained chimpanzee on their wing. The Penguins will be in the Stanley Cup mix as long as Crosby is captain.

2 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

There is NOTHING that's gonna make up for Malone. The man is an enigma.

And I most wholeheartedly concur, with "suck it detroit" (I hate the Red Wings, but more on that later *sly grin*).

Since I am also a Canidians fan *ducks flying objects thrown by Pens fans* I do think that the Pens vs. Canadians games will be epic, and I plan to try to listen to all of them.

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

Oh, and just for the record, I would hit Malone, anytime and/or anywhere. But he's in your conference, Steph. So you have to the writeup. Ha.