Friday, August 15, 2008

Guess Where I Was Yesterday!

YES! My husband and I made a pilgrimage to Pittsburgh yesterday to be at the groundbreaking ceremony.

Of course it wouldn't be a Penguins event if Jeff Jimmerson didn't sing the National Anthem to start things off (NO PICTURE - see below)!

It was packed and all the news cameras had the front row crowded with their equipment and blocking a good view of anything (not to mention we got there a little late), so I wasn't able to get any good pictures until after the ceremony, but I did get "this close" to Mario (and like a dumb ass, neither me or my husband had anything for him to sign - SIGH)!! I did get a good view and some good pictures of the commemorative hardhats that all the "dignitaries" received and the actual shovels used for the ceremony (they were made out of RBK Penguins hockey sticks - TOO COOL)!! We did try to get a hardhat but NO DICE (like I always say, it never hurts to ask!)!! I'll have pictures of those later and MORE today.

Anyway, I'm posting a few pictures now and will post again later today with a few more pictures and some information - ENJOY!!

No comments: