Monday, August 25, 2008

I MISS HOCKEY (it's getting harder to find worthy news/information)!!

I MISS HOCKEY!! And even though the beginning of the season is so close, it still feels like we have 3 months to go to me!!

I have been lucky to find enough stuff on the internet to be able to post everyday, but it's getting harder and harder with each passing day. What's worse is that I can't stand this off-season any longer - I want my hockey / Penguins (just like we all wanted our MTV in the 80's)!

Here is a list of a few things I miss about hockey (in no particular order):
  • the ice - I love the look of the ice; it's a beautiful thing (you'd think I WAS a hockey player with some of the things that I enjoy about hockey, but I'm not)
  • the sound the players' skates make on the ice
  • the sound the puck makes when it hits the pipes (a high-pitch "ping")
  • hockey news on TV and seeing player interviews
  • the feeling of knowing there's a Pens game on and looking forward to it while I'm at work - BORED
  • talking hockey
  • looking forward to the next game I get to go to at the Mellon Arena
  • the drives to Pittsburgh to watch the Pens play
  • Inside Penguins Hockey on FSN
  • Penguins players chemistry (it always makes me want to be part of a team)!
  • Malkin interviews with his translator
  • Malkin's smile
  • the hijinx of Max Talbot
  • watching in amazement all the plays, passes, goals made by talented hockey players
I know everyone loves / misses hockey for different reasons, so I would LOVE IT if you would share that and maybe I'll update this post with your lists if I get enough during the week!!

Send me your lists!!

2 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

Such luxury. Hockey news on TV. (Yes we have TVs out here, but Hockey news, no way). I wouldn’t be a "real" hockey fan if not for the internet. (Thanks Bill Gates)

And I love Malkin interviews, too. But I thought I was just weird. Now it appears I’m normal. Go figure.

Ex. The Evolution said...

I miss...

Steigy trying more and more to sound like Mike Lange with each broadcast.
Bob Errey referring to Gary Roberts drinking "the FIJI water, Steigy, the FIJI water!" (although this year we'll hear about it alot less unfortunately).
Hearing Mike Lange say that "Elvis has left the building" at the end of listening to a radio broadcast when VERSUS is televising the game.
SuperCuts SuperShot.
Hearing Sid's seemingly rehearsed answer to every media members' question...yet still managing to love him (in the most heterosexual way possible).

Great post!