Wednesday, August 13, 2008

There's Still Interest in Sydor

TIOPS reports that the LA Kings are still interested in Daryl Sydor and that talks continue with both teams. Pittsburgh is not willing to give up Sydor without their acquiring a late-round draft pick / prospect from LA. TIOPS says that Vyacheslav Voinov's name has coming up in recent discussions.

As previously posted, Sydor approached Shero before this year's draft asking to be traded; however, Shero came up short on takers willing to offer more than a late-round draft pick until the Kings.

[UPDATE] I received an e-mail today; actually, it was the comment poster of this entry, who reiterated not to put too much stock in this rumor. TIOPS "sources" may not always be legitimate. I would just like to add (in my own defense) that I try hard not to make this blog about majorly outrageous rumors but enjoy reading them just as much as the next person (not mentioning this off-season is lacking alot of Pens news); however, I also try to post interesting information I come across and allow the readers to make up their own minds -- I try to be careful with the words I choose when using sources that are not a legitimate news source or not affiliated with the Penguins organization.

And with that said, I encourage readers to e-mail me with topics for discussion and am always happy to receive e-mails about my blog posts -- it makes things interesting!! THANK YOU.

1 comment:

Sean Leahy said...

I wouldn't put too much stock into that "rumor".