Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Here's what Eric K. Misses / Loves about Hockey!

Eric K. from "Experiencing the Evolution" sent me his list of what he misses / loves about hockey; here it is:

  • Steigy trying more and more to sound like Mike Lange with each broadcast.

  • Bob Errey referring to Gary Roberts drinking "the FIJI water, Steigy, the FIJI water!" (although this year we'll hear about it alot less unfortunately).

  • Hearing Mike Lange say that "Elvis has left the building" at the end of listening to a radio broadcast when VERSUS is televising the game.

  • SuperCuts SuperShot.

  • Hearing Sid's seemingly rehearsed answer to every media members' question...yet still managing to love him (in the most heterosexual way possible).

THANKS for sharing, Eric! I can definitely relate to a lot of the things you include on your list. Actually, I could probably come up with a few more lists (or a list of "100 Things") with as much as I love / miss about hockey!! Bob Errey would be at the top and Sid's responses to the media would be another - he's amazing in all aspects of being a player and human being!

And it's OK to love Sid (I would think it would be abnormal if you didn't); my husband feels the same way and so I jokingly refer to it as a "mancrush" which he seems to be OK with. Actually, I was afraid to list anything with Sid on my list for fear it would appear less credible (since I'm a girl). So I suppose each sex has something to fear about loving Sid - such a shame, really!

I've received a couple responses for my request to submit your lists, but I'd like there to be more, so keep them coming and help me in my quest to continue talking hockey until training camp when news will be more abundant!!

1 comment:

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

I'm not sure who's who on in the Pens booth, but I LOVE to listen to the games on the radio, too.