Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Here's what Kena Misses about Hockey!

Kena from the "Girls ARE Real Sports Fans Too" blog sent me her list yesterday (she's from Kansas).

In response to the request of "The Steel City Sports Fan (Pens Edition)" (and for lack of any other hockey related information/news/observations) I am listing the Top 10 things I have missed about hockey this last off-season. So here goes.

#10 Swedish accents. (yes even the not-so-pretty players).
#9 Really Good Defense.
#8 The Penguins on the radio.
#7 The Power Play.
#6 The Penalty Kill.
#5 Goalie interviews.
#4 Looking at the players. (I apologize to the guys, but Estrogen makes me do it.)
#3 Steve Ott (Dallas Stars, forward, and my favorite player.
#2 The fights.
And...Drum Roll, Please...The Number One thing I miss about hockey season is
the startled/shocked/ deer-in-the-headlights, blank stare that I get when I say something like "no, I can't go to dinner with you. There's a game on tonight. Yes there is, a hockey game". At which point the listener will give me one of the looks that only guys in the middle midwest have perfected and occur only when being spoken to of the wonderful sport of hockey, the one that says "I bet she thinks those little green guys did medical experiments on her, too".

Welcome to Kansas, Toto.

Thanks, Kena, for sharing your list with us!! I can definitely relate to all the lists I've received so far -- fights would be another one at the top of my list too (and looking at the players)!!

IT WON'T BE LONG NOW!

No comments: