Sunday, August 31, 2008

Joe Sager Q & A


"The Confluence of the Three Rivers" blogger, Tony Ferrante, recently met with Joe Sager for a Q & A session.  Sager is the Penguins' Director of Content / Publication (he's also the host of PensTV on the Pittsburgh Penguins official webpage and is the co-host of the Penguins Hotline on WXDX "the X" (105.9 FM)).

Here is a question and Sager's answer about Penguins blogs / bloggers which I found pretty interesting, but to read all of the Q & A, visit "The Confluence of the Three Rivers."
TF: As you're probably aware, Penguins bloggers rate amongst the largest number of NHL blogs.  Penguins blogs such as the Pensblog, the Post-Gazette's Empty Netters, and the Faceoff Factor are regularly linked on dozens of NHL and general sports blogs, sometimes on a daily basis.  As a member of the online community yourself, how do you feel the Penguins view the blogosphere, and do the Penguins themselves visit Penguins blogs from time to time to get the fans perspectives ?? In addition, do they have any accommodations planned, perhaps in the new arena, for bloggers similar to the New York Islanders' special bloggers section ?? What blogs do you frequent ??
JS: I don't know if the Penguins visit any blogs.  I know they try not to read the papers or anything.  I know they do read my stories on the Penguins' website because they often compliment me or mention they saw my stories.  But, I never really asked them if they are into the blogs.  I am not sure if there will be any new accommodations planned in the new arena.  I do know there will be a more modern and larger pressbox.  Whether that means room for b loggers, I am not exactly sure.  There's a fine line there because anyone could say, "Hey I am a blogger, can I have a press pass?"  So, I would imagine eventually there will have to be some sort of regulation or guidelines set up for that sort of thing.  I generally don't frequent blogs.  But, I do check out the PensBlog and Empty Netters from time to time.  I usually don't have much downtime to surf the web at work and when I get home, to try to avoid reading about the NHL so I can preserve some sanity.  But, when I do check out the blogs, I usually enjoy what I see.  There is some really funny and creative stuff out there.

No comments: