Friday, January 30, 2009

Short Interview with Malkin (Translated)

Russian newspaper Sports Express has a short interview with Malkin posted today. I tried to use both Google and Yahoo! translator tools, but neither seemed to do the job.

Thanks to LGP.com user "sergei," you can read a translation that makes more sense!!

SE:What can you say about a regular game after the All-Star game?
Malkin: It very hard. I have made a ton of mistakes but we need to get into a habitual rhythm.
SE:For two periods you looked very convincingly. You were pulling the team on your shoulders.
Malkin: I don't think that I was pulling anybody. On the contrary, I have made several gross mistakes. This is why I am not satisfied with my play.
SE:Is this connected with using up too many emotions in Montreal?
Malkin: Might be. Everybody was relaxed there, the game was slow-tempo plus a few days off. I lost the thread of the game a bit.
SE: But today you earned two points.
Malkin:Points don't matter. One must demonstrate a decent game.
SE: Why did the Rangers disintegrate in the third period?
Malkin: The team played Carolina the day before, so it was tough on them. We, on the contrary, were well rested and retained more energy. This is why we scored all those goals in the third.
SE: How did you like Zherdev's game?
Malkin:He plays very well! That's who is pulling his team. Great hands and shot. He has it all!

No comments: