Monday, January 26, 2009

Penguins Post-Practice Update

The Penguins had a mid-afternoon practice today at the Mellon Arena which was the first time most of the players had been on the ice over the five-day all-star break that turned into time for a few of them to recover and recuperate. Here's some of the new developments:
  • Crosby participated in the practice today, but whether or not he'll be in the lineup on Wednesday against the NY Rangers
    "I'll have to see (Tuesday)," Crosby said. "I still feel it a bit. We'll see if it continues to get better or if it goes backwards."
  • As expected, Coach Therrien confirmed that both Talbot and Dupuis will return to the lineup and play on Wednesday.

  • Brooks Orpik and Rob Scuderi were the only players who did not participate in practice today. Scuderi was not there due to illness and not injury; and Orpik will not be playing on Wednesday, but he's getting closer and can be considered day-to-day.

  • Fedotenko was cleared today for rehab on his hand and he skated for the first time (minus a hockey stick)

  • Gonchar has started taking slap shots over the past few days at practice now; he hasn't been able to do that until recently due to his shoulder's sensitivity
    “My doctors told me that I have to work into it,” he said. “I’m shooting more in practice. It’s a little sore after that but that’s the way it should be. That’s normal. I’m working on it. I’m working hard on the ice, off the ice, slap shots, everything. We’re trying to make sure my shoulder is ready for that.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES!
finally some good people are coming back!!
XD