Monday, April 6, 2009

Sid Sends a Message to Ballard

After the questionable hip-check on Malkin during yesterday's game against the Florida Panthers, Sid decided he was going to teach Ballard a few manners when it comes to the top players on his team and it ended with Crosby throwing him down on the ice. Seriously, that check looked a little low to me and Malkin was lucky he wasn't injured (he could've definitely landed wrong on his neck - you can see it in the video - just barely landed ok). He got an extra two minutes for "unsportsmanlike conduct," but I say, "YOU GO SID!"

I think the extra two minutes was crap only because Ballard was the one who threw his gloves off first (they could've at least given two minutes to both of them) - WHATEVER!! I don't like talking about the officiating, but it did seem a little one-sided yesterday and I think there was a little "homerism" going on there!!