Sunday, June 7, 2009

W-T-F??!!!!!!!!!

OK -- I will admit that I WAS one of the fans that turned last night's game off about half-way through the 2nd period (I missed the 5th goal, thank God!) because I just couldn't stand it anymore!!! It was a choice between that OR banging my head against the way and I was already doing that and didn't think I needed the irreversible brain damage that doing it more would cause!

The good news -- it didn't look like I missed much by turning it off anyway!!!

Who were the Red Wings playing because it surely didn't look like OUR Pittsburgh Penguins!! Does either of the pictures in this picture even CLOSELY RESEMBLE any of the Pittsburgh Penguins that you know and love???! And I KNOW that Datsyuk does not make THAT MUCH of a difference to be able to keep the Penguins scoreless in a game -- WTF?!!!!

You know what it looked like to me? The moment the Pens arrive in Detroit, the Red Wings kidnapped them, cloned them into a sloppier, less talented counter-part of themselves and tied them all up in a room (including the coaches)

I can't even bring myself to comment on this any further, but please feel free to leave comments especially anyone that has something to say that can lift my (our, perhaps) spirits!!

I know, I KNOW -- at least they get to come back home and play with their fans at the Igloo (but not much of a consolation right now!)!!! We, as fans, are going to need these next few days to shake this one off (so I can only imagine how the Pens feel!)!!

LET'S GO PENS!!

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

I don't know how inspiring it may be, but here goes...

I've had Trooper's golden oldie "Raise a Little Hell" on a loop since last night:

"...When it feels like your ship is sinking/ And you're too tired to play the game

Nobody's going to help you/ You've just gotta stand up alone/ And dig in your heels and see how it feels/ To raise a little hell of your own!"


The Wings put us through hell in Five, but that was Saturday and we haven't been awesome at all on the weekends. Six and Seven are weeknight games, so I expect we'll be the ones raising hell then!

Stephanie said...

@Aubrey -- THANKS!! Anything is worth a try at this point (it couldn't hurt!)!!!

Anonymous said...

this loss was depressing.
here's my attempt at a motivational speech! haha:
we just have to have faith that they will play their hearts out on Tuesday night. i can just tell, they WANT this. they NEED this!
the young guys who haven't even won a cup, like sid, geno, staal, letang, all of them, this is their dream. to hoist the stanley cup over their heads with pride and scream like a little kid on christmas morning.
and the other guys who HAVE won before: guerin, adams, tenk, and kunitz; the thrill they will have AGAIN will be incredible, i'm imagining. being a repeat champion would be an AMAZING feeling.

all of them, they deserve this SO BAD! from starting off the season amazing, then sinking to our alltime low, 10th place in the east, a new coach, new players, and climbing back up to 4TH PLACE! we beat out philly, washington, carolina, now, we're back in the scf. the redwings don't need this. they have 11! why another one?! spread the wealth. sure, it's great to win, but we want it more. we've got more heart than all of them combined. they KNOW they're a good team. we are too, by all means, but we worked so hard for this. all of our struggles need to pay off. the score may be low, but our spirits are high. we can do this. BELIEVE!

ha. that's all.
here's a video i found. hah woo jeff jimmerson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IORG1uFu9as
wooo GO PENS!
pens in 7.
YES
WE
CAN

Stephanie said...

@Molly -- THANKS for your motivational speech!!!

I appreciate all your ideas, so keep them coming!!!

ANYTHING that has helped you get through last night -- let us all know!!!!