Monday, June 8, 2009

Johnstown Jets are Back!!


So I'm a little late with this information!! This has been going on under my nose since May and I've just now learned about it (THANKS to one of my hockey-loving friends, Christine!)!! I do have a good excuse though -- I live and breathe Penguins hockey!!!

Anyway, Junior hockey is coming to Johnstown and I'm pretty excited about it (until, of course, I see the schedule and it's the same as the Penguins schedule!)!!

The press conference was held in May and you can view it HERE.

The Johnstown Jets are part of the United Junior Hockey League (UJHL) and the team mascot is, of course, Morley the dog!!

Tryouts to make the team will be held June 27th and 28th.

Tickets for the games are set for $6 ($3 with student ID). Here is their official webpage for more information!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Being that I live in Johnstown, I'm super, super excited for this junior team! Johnstown is really turning into a hockey town with the Chiefs (hopefully they can make a deal) and the Jets coming in. I'm glad, lol.

Stephanie said...

@carrie - I agree that Johnstown is becoming a real hockey town and I'm proud of that fact. I just wish that the schedules didn't interfere with my Pens because I'd really love to support the hometown!!

We should be excited!! THANKS for commenting!!