Tuesday, May 5, 2009

THIS is Playoff Hockey!!

OK -- I'm ready to admit that I didn't want to talk about it before because I wasn't ready to accept the truth and the truth is (it's OK, part of getting over the problem is admitting there is one - I have to do this) ...

... the Caps have been the better team so far this round especially when it comes to the third period.

Yes - Crosby has been on fire and YES - he could use more help from his teammates, but I think the bottom line is that both teams are putting forth a great effort and playing unadulterated playoff hockey -- and it appears that the Caps have a slight edge over the Pens if only because they're the better team come third period. Maybe it's about which team is LAST to give up hope, I don't know --

But even if the Pens don't pull themselves out of this 2-game hole they've dug themselves into (which I STILL BELIEVE THEY WILL!), we cannot down them for it as they've put on a pretty spectacular show especially Sid and this round has absolutely lived up to all the hype that's been placed on it. They really are playing their hearts out right now (there's a chance that the Caps may be the better team). However, if the Ducks can do it then BY GOD SO CAN THE PENS!!!!!!

With that being said, allow me to clarify something -- I will always cling to my notion that Ovechkin is a COMPLETE ASS regardless of what a good player he is. I just cannot stand that guy no matter how hard I try and I will forever believe that he is a one-dimensional player and the only time he's a "team player" is when someone else from his team does something to score so HE can win -- THAT'S how I see it, so THAT'S how I'm calling it (just watch him next time)!!

AND after all of this, I changed my work wallpaper back to Sidney Crosby after changing it to the "2-Headed Monster" prior to the start of Round 2 -- so that should do the trick if all else fails!!! ; )

I feel much better now!!

Graphic courtesy of THE Pensblog (THANKS!)

No comments: