Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Give "The Kid" a Break!!

The Capitals following are close to hitting an all-time low.

Their team is winning the series having 2 games up on the Pens and now they want to complain (or should I say "whine"?!) about Crosby approaching the officials about hats being thrown onto the ice after Ovi's HT during Monday night's game.

I didn't know what all the moaning was about and thought it couldn't be that simple, so I decided to venture into reading a few of the articles. I had articles in my inbox today with the typical titles, "Crosby Whines about Hats on Ice" and such, but then there's the one called "Sidney Crosby upset because all the hats on the ice hurt his vagina" (satire, no less!) which is just totally moronic!! Granted, this is posted on a site called The Serious Sports News Network and it's tagline is "the most serious sports news network ever," (so I'm assuming all it's articles are a "joke") but GET REAL, people!! You have absolutely nothing better to do with your time than write garbage like this??? I shouldn't even give this crap the time of day, but I'll post a little "slice" for you here just to give you a "taste" of how horrid it really is (funny, maybe if I'm feeling generously open about perspective and right to free speech, but worth writing about -- I DON'T THINK SO!)!!

“Dude, my poonanner hurt so bad all night last night, it was unreal,” he said. “But I had a big old bag of ice, crushed ice chips, you know, and I just shoved it down there over the old vag. I really packed it in, you know, because there’s nothing down there to get in the way of it. I just created like a vag-ice-glove-form-fitting-vag-covering-jooby-jabby-type thing, and I just sat there until my labia were numb. God, it felt divine.”
I'm actually a little embarrassed (and honestly slightly insulted as a woman), but I'm sure whoever wrote this is making his / her mother proud right about now!! What's going on here? People don't have enough to write about, so they have to start making this shit up (that's TWO satirical articles this week -- both poking fun at Crosby)!! GET A LIFE (enough is ENOUGH, people - seriously!)!!

Anyway - back to my real point! It seems that Crosby's "whining" wasn't about the hats being thrown onto the ice, but that there was "a second wave" of hats being thrown after they had already been picked up. Honestly, can't any of you see his point here? Obviously the craps fans were being their typical antagonistic selves throwing more caps onto the ice to prolong the break in play. I would suspect that if it was the other way around, this would be quite a legitimate request. What about focusing on the Craps major interference during the games that the refs don't seem to be calling??? Or how about the illegal curve that Ovi has been accused of in some recent articles -- what about focusing on these things??? I wonder if they'd call it whining if something were to be done about either of these things? Then again, they haven't been caught yet, so it's OK for now as far as they're concerned, I'm sure.

We'll just have to wait and see who will have the last "whine," won't we?!! Speaking of which, I wonder how the Flyers' golf game is going right about now!

3 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

My vagina hurt so bad. I haven’t had a child yet, but I feel like childbirth could be the only thing worse.”I am VERY insulted by this. Mocking childbirth is TOO FAR!

and I can tolerate a lot of trash-talk.

It's one thing to talk trash, it's another to just go nuts with it.

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

another thing, is that "Crosby, obviously does NOT stink. and they are making them selves look like idiots. (Which isn't my problem, but theirs) However, when does it get to the point where it's just inappropriate insults. I think you are EXACTLY right, and this has reached the point where it's not trash talking any more, it's bordering on being insulting to women, while their trash-talking Crosby. Well, enough is enough.

On the Caps/Ovi issue. Caps fans, are worse, than Cryers fans, I think. Their just wholly insulting and I thought the second wave of hats was VERY, VERY rude, and definitely unsportsmanlike. (I'd personally have called a penalty if I'd been officiating.) Last year they were all over the DET RW for the Octopi last year, but stopping the game with a second wave of hats, isn't??? Media darlings, indeed.

End Kena's rant.

Aubrey said...

Y'all are right about being insulted as women. How disgusting and juvenile! These people are crass bandwagoners who have absolutley no idea how to be hockey fans. You support your team, you can dislike (even hate) their opponent, but there's still such a thing as good sense and common decency. Apparently these folks are lacking in both.