Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sights of the Game: Pens vs. Wings (02/08/2009)

John and I went to last Sunday's game against the Detroit Red Wings. I was really excited about it when we first got there. You could feel the excitement of all the fans in the arena. There were quite a few Wings fans there which made it quite interesting. Of course we were all ready to give Marian Hossa a heartfelt welcome as soon as he took the ice.

One of the funniest things I saw was a young girl in a Crosby t-shirt holding a Red Wings jersey. On the front of the jersey had "SUCKS" underneath the Detroit logo and "Hosebag" on the back with the number 81. She was right by the hallway leading to the visitors locker room so anytime any of the Wings skated on to or off of the ice, she made sure the jersey was prominent for all of them to see.


















Another noteable item was that Steelers kicker Jeff Reed attended the game once again. John and I were like a row in front of them in the next section, so we had a good view of him (and I got some pictures, of course)! They didn't show him on the jumbotron, but a large number of fans would go up to him in between periods for an autograph or picture and he was very nice about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha that girl is my hero!

Lauren said...

Seriously, what the heck is up with Jeff Reed's hair?! I love that he goes to Pens games all the time - it's just one more thing I love about the people of Pittsburgh.