Monday, February 23, 2009

How About Re-Signing Gonchar?!!

The guy is MONEY!!!

A defenseman with two goals and two assists in the FIVE GAMES since his return to the Penguins lineup is not a player we can afford to lose! They really do need to find a way to keep him in a black and vegas gold uniform and I'm hoping they do.

Prior to his return, I figured that he would be one of the players that we would be saying "good-bye" to at the end of the season, but I'm not so sure of that now.

I knew he was an elite defenseman and that he helps the Pens play at a higher level especially on the power play; however, I never really imagined his return would make this much of a difference and in fact, I skeptical that his return would make much of a change in the team's performance especially with being disappointed with Whitney's return (then again, that's Whitney!).

If they end up losing Gonch (especially to free agency), that will be another big mistake made by Shero and the Penguins organization and I will begin to question him / them even more so than I already do after Therrien's departure.

No comments: