Sunday, February 15, 2009

Malkin Interview with Trib-Review

From the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review today:

Penguins star Evgeni Malkin granted the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review an exclusive 15-minute interview in English on Tuesday. Here is an excerpt:

TR: How are you different today than when you arrived in Pittsburgh in 2006 as a 20-year-old from Russia?

EM: It's not too much different. I feel comfortable now in my career. My English is a little bit better. Everything is going good.

Now I understand how to play in the NHL. The first year was hard. The second was only good. Now, it's a little bit easy — the hockey. (Laughs) Maybe I shouldn't say that.

TR: The North American hockey media often refers to you as "shy" and "uncomfortable." Does that bother you?

EM: I don't care if people think that way. I care what my teammates (think). I care about playing hockey, helping the Penguins win.

TR: Do you wish people would speak to you more often in English, maybe get to know you better?

EM: Yeah. (Laughs) But not like with Sid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg i saw that too!!
idk if you get the sunday paper, but there's a page long article about Geno, and it's fantastic!
and theres 2 really great pictures of him.
monday vs. islanders. DO ITTTT