Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ovi and Caps Fans Should Get Over Themselves

The guys over at Pensblog discovered that Ovi isn't the only one saying that Crosby talks too much. It seems that Washington Redskins tight end Chris Cooley is standing behind Ovechkin and agrees that Sid talks too much (or rather it's his brother who runs the official Chris Cooley blog) saying:
Sidney Crosby is good at talking shit, Alex Ovechkin is good at hockey. I didn't realize this until yesterday when I thought that I was going to see two of the greats in the NHL. I saw one who is great and he was wearing a red jersey. The other one, I saw him cry like a 7 year old who got beat up by the school yard bully. Maybe he's mad that Ovechkin has 20 more goals than him. Or maybe because his team won't make the post season. Either way, Sidney wasn't holding in his frustration...
Oh, WHATEVER!! Really.

Has Ovechkin even made it past the first round of the playoffs yet?!

It seems to me that since Ovechkin and Malkin have made up that he just started things back up with his rivalry with Sid like he needs to create drama because he feeds off of it. I don't know. I'm actually quite surprised and proud that Sid finally spoke up and said something other than his typical politically correct answer (as weak as it may have been) by calling out Ovechkin in his own way. So to me, for Sidney to say anything other than his usual neutral comment about something / someone, he must have reached his point (look at how he ignored Semin's negative comments about him).

Even Pierre McGuire, who announced Sunday's game from between the players' benches, made a comment implying that the Caps were directing comments towards Crosby that were particularly "excessive" and added that Crosby is usually the target of more physical and verbal abuse from his opponents than anyone may realize which provokes Crosby to the point he feels the need to defend himself.

I think I'm starting to miss the Ovechkin / Malkin drama!! How about you?

1 comment:

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

Oh, AMEN.

It's pretty classless, that whole thing.