Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pre-Game News

*FREE*
LIVE STREAM of tonight's game

SERGEI GONCHAR
Gonchar has been cleared to play; however, he will not play tonight against the SJ Sharks, but his return to the lineup is definitely sooner rather than later!

"It’s going to be day by day; it depends on how I feel," Gonchar said. "(The doctor) cleared me to play. He said my shoulder was doing well. He’s happy with the progress we’ve made over the last month since the last time I’ve seen him. He checked out my shoulder from different angles and everything is working well."

"It's going to be up to Gonch to decide his comeback," head coach Michel Therrien said. "He looks really sharp in practice. No one's going to pressure him to come back. You have to feel comfortable and confident as well."

PHILIPPE BOUCHER
Boucher has had an undisclosed injury and is listed as day-to-day which is probably why he's been scratched for the past few games.

RUSLAN FEDOTENKO
Fedotenko has been practicing with the team, but has not been cleared for "contact." This morning at the optional skate, Fedotenko elected to forego the red jersey and wore a regular black jersey since there is no contact during morning skates.

"Honestly, I had the red on (this morning) and I decided to change," he said.
OPTIONAL MORNING SKATE
The team had an optional skate this morning and the only players who did not participate were Crosby, Dupuis, Scuderi, and Boucher (Boucher being the only one missing it due to an injury).

[I'm not so sure why Dupuis elected to miss the optional skate as he needs all the help he can get (IMO)!!! Although, it could be that his ass is sore from all the falling he does on the ice (I swear, everytime I see that guy, his ass is flat on the ice and no one has to be around him). Fast or not, he definitely doesn't deserve to be on the line with Sid -- anybody but Dupuis -- and for those of you who relate it to Bob Errey being on the line with Lemieux; I'm sorry, but Errey was a way better player than Dupuis!]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG thanks you for this link!!
stupid FSN had to go out RIGHT at the beginning of the 1st PP.
tank god for the internet!!