Thursday, September 3, 2009

Malkin Addresses Fans at the Metallurg Game

PSAMP posted this video he found on YouTube and had his buddy (usbzoso) translate part of the speech (under the video). PSAMP also notes how there were mixed responses from the crowd since some of them haven't gotten over how Malkin left Russia to play for the Pens.

"First of all I'd like to thank my parents, my mom and my dad. They have always believed and supported me. I'd also like to thank my first coach. He also always believed in me, he put his love and soul into training me. Of course I also want to thank Magnitogorsk Metallurgical Kombinat. Thank you very much for this sports complex. Thank you for the 2 best ice rinks in Russia, in my opinion, that have raised a lot of good players, and will raise future stars. It doesn't matter where we play, we always represent Magnitogork and Metallurg, the team I played for and colors I defended. Any trophy won by me or any other player will be brought to this city of Magnitogork.

(Some applause some boos in the crowd)

I would also like to thank all of the fans out there. Thank all of you that came here today. All those that were cheering for our team... (pause, as if he wanted to say Penguins) ...Metallurg. I want to wish Metallurg many many wins and winning gold in the next season. Thank you."

No comments: