Sunday, September 13, 2009

Let's Talk Hockey!!

  1. Pittsburgh Penguins' Tyler Kennedy celebrates scoring during hockey practice at the Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh on Thursday, June 11, 2009. The Penguins face the Detroit Red Wings in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals on Friday, June 12, in Detroit.
The players reported back to Pittsburgh yesterday for the beginning of training camp with mostly off-ice things to go through like physicals and such.

Today was the first day everyone was back on the ice as a team, so we can now officially start talking about hockey (YESSSSSS!)!!

Since alot of the focus has been on the Stanley Cup and the players / Penguins organization celebrating throughout the summer, there hasn't been alot of thought / talk about Max Talbot and the fact that he will be missing a few months (and who his replacement could be).

The Penguins webpage is posting news about training camp already and even have a camp blog up and today the big talk is that Tyler Kennedy has been skating on the second line with Malkin and Fedotenko. THIS line is quite interesting and one I would LOVE to see stick!! Although any line you put Kennedy on will always be interesting / fun to watch as far as I'm concerned, but stick Malkin in the mix and that makes things a whole lot more interesting!!

Seeing as how this is the first day of camp on the ice, things will probably be tried and shifted
even throughout the early part of the season, but I'm hoping I can catch a glimpse of this line especially since I'll be going to the first pre-season game this coming Friday (I CANNOT wait!)!!
"I'm just taking it day by day," Kennedy said. "I'm not asking questions. I'm just going out there and playing the game. When I'm on their line then I'm on their line. When I'm not, I'm not."

"(Kennedy) is a hard working guy that drives to the net hard," Fedotenko said. "He brings intensity. It's up to the coaches but I'm sure he will have his shot on the line. It's up to the coaches but I feel like Kennedy is a great player. We're excited."
And so am I!!!

No comments: